Best photo hosting sites for this forum

Started by R.J, May 28, 2024, 07:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.J

I'm wondering what some of the best & cheapest sites are to host my photos to upload to this forum. I had a fotki site to post from at the Ayers site but closed it before I found this forum. Thanks for any info.

Volzfan59

I know that this isn't directly answering your question but under the previous format, you could post photos directly from your device. With the changes, I don't see how to do it anymore. I've sent Tom Birky a PM but haven't heard back yet. I know that he's busy with the changes.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Vdc

Postimage. Easy to navigate and upload. Use it's Direct Link for this forum.
I do this test shot, my first in here.

And it's size, reduced to 60%.

Volzfan59

Quote from: Vdc on June 22, 2024, 05:52:35 AMPostimage. Easy to navigate and upload. Use it's Direct Link for this forum.
I do this test shot, my first in here.

And it's size, reduced to 60%.

I may venture out and give Postimage a try. I've been using imgBB that Tom Birky suggested. Once I figured out how to use it, It works fine.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

R.J

I just went back with fotki, it is pretty simple and I am familiar with it. Nice Rusty T-Bird by the way.

18degrees

imgur is what i have been using since the photobucket BS from a long while ago
-Dave

MarkJ

Postimage.org. Works good so far and free. I lost so many wonderful ref photos from photobucket . It's very sad what they did to a lot of us. I had them backed up in my computer but had a computer fry from lightning and I hadn't backed up my computer in a while, so I lost them anyway. I have some others buried on discs somewhere but I'm too lazy to find them and put them where I would have easy access to them.