Dirt track Mustang

Started by Volzfan59, May 31, 2024, 09:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volzfan59

No real division, maybe a hobby stock or street modified. AMT '71 Mustang body on a modified MPC Super Stocker chassis. The 351 came from an AMT NASCAR Cup car. I copied the rear wing placement from a late model that ran at east TN's Atomic Speedway. The car below was ran by Bill Ogle. He and his brothers owned Atomic and Smoky Mountain Speedway's.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Speedracer

Soooo cool! It just looks fast, got the perfect stance and everything. We'll done and thanks for sharing
"It's hard to throw stones when you're washing feet"

Rattlecan Dan

Very cool-looking build. Nice job!

Michael F

Greetings from Germany!

TarheelRick

Excellent Mustang. That low-sloped fastback roofline just makes it look fast sitting still. Looks like it could give some of those Camaros a fit.  Nice job on the spoiler.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Spooker

Nice build, Steve!  Looks period correct and fast, at least for a Ford ;)!  I never minded spoilers on a car, as long as it still looked like something.  When the bodies became ALL spoilers, air dams and flat surfaces, I started to lose interest.

Volzfan59

Thank you Speedracer, Rattlecan Dan, Michael F, TarheelRick and Spooker for your kind words. I like how this one came out. Spooker, I believe that I purchased the Benny Parsons/JNJ numbers from you.

I never minded the spoilers either, heck I even liked the old fiberglass bodies as long as they at least resembled a real car. Kind of like the #01 of Bill Ogle, it vaguely looks like a Camaro.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

racecar dave

Love all dirt track latemodels

Volzfan59

Thank you racecar dave, I appreciate it.

MarkJ

Awesome looking dirt track Mustang, Steve.

Volzfan59

Jim N

Looks really cool!  Great work.

Volzfan59