'73 Cougar asphalt L/M

Started by Volzfan59, June 06, 2024, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volzfan59

As a kid in the '70's, there was a driver that ran Cougar bodies on his car around east TN. Then, in Stock Car Racing magazine and the old Cavalcade of Racing paper, I saw some of the northern guys like Dave Dion and others running them. I decided to build my own after some encouragement from my friend Speedracer. It's a slightly modified AMT NASCAR chassis, with a MPC '73 Cougar body that Speedracer gifted me. The number decals are from JNJ, Roy Payne BGN sheet. The rest are from my decal sack. Thank you for looking.

I want to publicly thank my friend Speedracer for all of his help and encouragement since my return to our hobby. I know that I probably annoyed him at times, but Speedracer has always been there for me, answered my questions and encouraged me. Thank you my friend.

I had a good 3/4 shot, but must have not moved it to imgBB.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Rattlecan Dan

Volzfan59

Thank you Rattlecan Dan, I appreciate it.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Speedracer

Buddy, thanks for the recognition. As you are well aware, there's no better feeling in life than seeing people you care about succeeding in the endeavors. As a modeler, having someone return to our hobby after being away for a number of years is terrific. I'm stoked to have you back. That said, the Cougar is a terrifie build, she really looks racey. Great job!
"It's hard to throw stones when you're washing feet"

Volzfan59

Thank you Speedracer, for everything. As I have aged, I believe in giving recognition where it is due. You have helped me more than you know. Plus, your momma was a Tennessee Vols fan! Go Big Orange!

TarheelRick

One fine looking short track Cougar, really like that nose down stance. Good looking Hoosier tires also.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Volzfan59

Thank you for your kind words TarheelRick, I really appreciate them.

BOBSS396

I'm digging the Cougar. We ran a '72 Torino in 1982 with a 429 in it since it was a claimer class, who wanted a Ford engine? I heard complaints from other drivers that due to the size of the car, it was tougher to pass.

Volzfan59

Thank you BOBSS396. I love all things blue oval. Torino's made for some great looking race cars. There were a couple in the street stock division when I was racing.

Jim N

Great looking Cougar!  You did a great job integrating the NASCAR chassis to the Cougar body.

Volzfan59

Thank you for your kind words Jim N.

racecar dave

Nice clean build. Looks racey.

Volzfan59

MarkJ

Awesome looking late model Cougar, Steve. Looks mean and ready for some action.

Volzfan59

Thank you Mark, I appreciate it!