First kit after a 30+ years hiatus

Started by Volzfan59, June 10, 2024, 01:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volzfan59

At little back story, my wife is my teenage sweetheart. She used to sit with me when I built kits back in the 70's. Fast forward, two years ago her mother asked what else she could get me for Christmas. She told her to get this kit at Walmart as I was always looking at it. It's not perfect, but I was pretty happy with it. Anyway, thanks for looking.

"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Michael F

Greetings from Germany!

Volzfan59

Quote from: Michael F on June 10, 2024, 04:15:01 PMNice color combo !!

Thank you, I'm a huge Tennessee Volunteer fan, that's how I landed on orange and white.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Rattlecan Dan

Having been raised in Syracuse, NY I yelled a lot of "let's go Orange". Nice build (and color).

Volzfan59

Jim N

Great looking model.  Your color separation lines are really clean.  Looks great.

jh63fan

Quote from: Volzfan59 on June 10, 2024, 05:32:09 PM
Quote from: Michael F on June 10, 2024, 04:15:01 PMNice color combo !!

Thank you, I'm a huge Tennessee Volunteer fan, that's how I landed on orange and white.

I reckon that's why it is number 01 as well

Volzfan59

Thank you Jim N, I appreciate it.

jh63fan, One of my favorite driver's at the old Atomic Speedway in East TN was Bill Ogle. He ran #01.

MarkJ

Looks clean and beautiful, Steve. You have not lost any of your skills. The separation line between colors looks perfect. something I have always had trouble with.

Volzfan59