News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

My current build. Not Nascar but very close

Started by MarkJ, June 11, 2024, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

Im doing the 1989 IROC champion Camaro. Been working on it since last September. Here is the kit.

Volzfan59

I've been following along with this car build over on the Model Car Magazine forum. The amount, and the quality of the scratch building is nothing short of amazing.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

MarkJ

Thanks, Volz. I appreciate the kind words. Thought I'd bring it over here too. Doesn't get much play over there.

Volzfan59

This build is so impressive. I'm not spilling any tea, but the stuff to come is nothing short of amazing.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

MarkJ

Thanks, Steve. I'm slowly trying to get this wip caught up to the other one.

Rattlecan Dan

Does seem like you've been working on that one for a while. But I'll bet we're going to like it.

MarkJ

Thanks, Donato. If I can just get the chassis done It shouldn't take too much longer to finish it. I have kind of messed up the body by having it hang around and constantly checking the fit of it to the chassis. I might have to resand the clear and give it another coat of clear to repolish before I decal it and put the final clear on it. I'm building it to be able to pose the model with body on or off. The body actually snaps in place to the chassis.

Volzfan59

I'm glad that you're putting this here. Going over the pictures again, I had forgotten about the upholstered seat and all that went into it.

MarkJ

Thanks, Steve. It's weird, suddenly I have run into a problem transferring my pictures from my phone to my p.c. When I transfer them, it makes them into a jfif file instead of a jpeg which model car magazine won't accept. so I have to change them into a jpeg and when I do it makes the image too big for my liking.