News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

My current build. Not Nascar but very close

Started by MarkJ, June 11, 2024, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

These are the headers i will try to make and install in that tight area between the steering gear and the firewall.

MarkJ

Finally got the steering linkage finished. Now I can make the headers and get the engine to fit with them on. might have to do some weird bending to get that to happen.

MarkJ

Starting on the headers. I will make the left side and see if it fits before making the right side which will be a lot more difficult because I'm using a flipped horizontal image that I will have to make upside down when I make it if you can follow what I just said.

MarkJ

Turns out the .080 headers are too fat to make it past the steering box, so I had to redo the headers in .060 rod. Actually, this was a good thing because the .060 bends a lot easier than the .080. I'm going to figure out the tops of the headers later to make sure my top to bottom fit will work to attach the exhaust pipes to the headers.

Rattlecan Dan

MarkJ

Thanks, Donato. I have one header finished that will require some sanding with mini files to clean it up a bit. Just need to do the other one like it.

MarkJ

Got the left side done. I just need to add collectors to both of them. Pretty happy with the way they turned out.

MarkJ

Rattlecan Dan

Headers look great. Very realistic. Nice job.

Volzfan59

Wow Mark, those headers look great. I don't know that I would have the courage, nor the skills to make a set of headers.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

MarkJ

Thanks, Donato and Steve. I really appreciate the comments.

MarkJ

Had to come up with some flat headers to make them fit. Doesn't matter because nothing else on the build is correct either. Going to be some very interesting and funny looking collectors to get them to the exhaust pipes. Still mulling over in my head how to go about that. I may not take any pictures of the bottom of the build when its finished. No, that wouldn't be any fun.

Rattlecan Dan

Never liked pictures of the bottom of cars anyway. Lol

MarkJ

Quote from: Rattlecan Dan on June 27, 2024, 10:21:54 PMNever liked pictures of the bottom of cars anyway. Lol

Yes, I think most people just skip looking at them. It's the bodies and decals we care about.