News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

My current build. Not Nascar but very close

Started by MarkJ, June 11, 2024, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rattlecan Dan

Ahh, your usual determined quest for perfection. Admirable.

MarkJ

Thanks, Donato. I don't know about perfection but its close enough to get by. I got some gloves from the local grocery store, and they are perfect for handling parts you don't want to get fingerprints or body oils on. Much more dexterity than cotton gloves. I had to remove the stock gas tank because the axle wouldn't fit, and it would have been ridiculous to leave it there anyway. Trying to locate the axle in the right place so I can make some truck arms for it.

MarkJ

I made some saddles to attach to the rear wheel openings so I could locate the axle for installation of the truck arms. I also cleaned up the floor above the axle where the shocks and chains will attach. The springs will be mounted on the front wall where they will line up with the truck arms in the right place. I can easily remove the tire saddles when I no longer need them.

MarkJ

Started on the truck arms. I will need to add the fuel tank so I can locate and install the mounting point for the track bar. They actually had them on both sides of the car, and they are located very close to the front corners of the fuel tank. I will have to add a bar to the floor to hook the shocks to. My ref pictures show both 2 or 4 shock setups for the rear axle. I'm choosing the two-shock setup because I'm doing a car that ran at Michigan.

TarheelRick

Keep those updates coming on this awesome machine. Excellent work by a master craftsman.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.