News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

My current build. Not Nascar but very close

Started by MarkJ, June 11, 2024, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJ

Did some more work to the headers and collectors. Had to make the collectors separate from the headers so they can be attached after the headers are installed to the engine. The way I did it, even though it looks ridiculous, will allow me to get an exhaust system on the build even though it is completely wrong and probably has never been used on a real car ever. Thats okay. It gets the exhaust out of the little plastic engine in the build. I had to remove the stock manifold and throttle body so I can add a single plane manifold and Holley carb. I will also have to change up the pulleys at the front of the engine and the fan belts and add an oil pump. Might have to make an air cleaner and I will increase the size of the valve covers on the kit engine.

Rattlecan Dan

Love the dedication. Keep on hammerin' away my man. I'll bet it's gonna be a good un.

MarkJ

Thanks, Donato. Really appreciate you stopping by and lending some support

MarkJ

Rattlecan Dan

Even if not extremely visible upon completion those added touches are gratifying to you as the builder. (I hope).

Volzfan59

You're amazing Mark. You don't have the correct intake, no big deal, just make one! I would have been digging around for one that's close enough.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

MarkJ

Thanks, Donato and Steve. I'm hoping it will look somewhat like the manifold I posted there. I also need to make a Holley carb. I checked my stash, but nothing was there.

MarkJ

Finally got back to this build after 6 days without power. It's hard to do something fun when you still have a bad situation hanging over you. Did more work to the manifold and I found an image of a  carb that I will try to duplicate somewhat. It's going to be hard in 1/25 scale.

Speedracer

Take a look at the carbs Matt at MCV Products is 3d printing. May save you a bunch of time
"It's hard to throw stones when you're washing feet"

MarkJ

Quote from: Speedracer on July 16, 2024, 06:33:24 PMTake a look at the carbs Matt at MCV Products is 3d printing. May save you a bunch of time

Thanks, Speed but I'm not worried about time, and half the fun is making my own parts. Building a model is not a race. It's a journey. This journey may never end.

MarkJ

Got some more work done on the manifold and started on the valve covers that I realized I had to finish before I could finish the manifold.

MarkJ

Finally looks like a manifold. Just need to cut a line down the middle of each chamber that goes from carb to combustion chamber with an etching tool.

Volzfan59

I'm running out of things to say Mark. This build, and your skills are on another level my friend.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

MarkJ

Thanks for stopping by Steve, with the very positive comment. It is much appreciated.