News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Havoline 1990.

Started by Vdc, June 22, 2024, 12:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vdc

Hi all. My first posting in this new showroom. Again, using my 'Vdc' as in Randy's site.

Davey Allison's 1990 machine.

Powerslide's over an aerosol black.

I changed the sills. From flat to round, using the scraps from my slabside conversions.

Though it does look high at the rear, but I assume the sill shape is to blame.

No matter, sits well in my display.

And thanks to Tom Birky to invite us Ayres refugees to his site!

Volzfan59

Welcome to the short track forum! That is a great replica of Davey's T-bird. I like the stance.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Rattlecan Dan

Welcome aboard. Sweet-looking build. Very Nice.

TarheelRick

Glad to see all this new blood on the forum. Very nice rendition of Davey's Thunderbird. Tragic loss of a potentially great driver.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

jh63fan

If y'all haven't seen it years ago, Google "Davey Allison Empty Cup". About 20 minutes long. You will gain a lot of respect for the man

MarkJ

Excellent build VDC. Paint makes the model look like a 1:1 car because it is sooo smooth but yet not ultra glossy.  Love the gold wheels and the overall cleanliness of the build. Looking forward to more of your creations.

Vdc

Much thanks to all. Am pleased to finally build this version.

And praise for Powerslide's decals. That roof number lay for 20 mins before I removed it to clear some debris.It had a mass of wrinkles 2nd time down, but still dried flat. Thank god!
And I don't clear my decals. I like the different sheens on the bodyshell.

BigHoo