#22 Haudenschild Pennzoil sprint under construction

Started by 18degrees, July 02, 2024, 06:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

18degrees

making progress, wheels and wheel centers are in paint now, they are from SWS Chassis and are super nice, they go with the aftermarket tires... which i forget where i got them from, but i will figure it out before i post the final product.  this is mostly the OLD kit decals, close to 30 years old, that have held together amazingly well without being coated.  also have a sheet from SCF that i am using a few decals from, they are surprisingly decent quality from what i had originally expected.  made the oil tank myself from tube and rod and the air filter is a 3D printed piece that i got Jaye to whip up for me.  paint is Tamiya chrome yellow, which in hindsight is a bit too orange/red for the real thing.  hood and seat are resin from Mike's

-Dave

18degrees

here are the aforementioned wheels and tires... as i said, the wheels and centers are from SWS Chassis and are great, way better than the resin ones i have used before.  they fit right on the kit suspension pieces.  the tires are from Modelhaus, and they are fabulous too.  wheels are painted with Testors Chrom and the centers are Tamiya gold.

-Dave

Volzfan59

Wow, everything looks great! That Testors chrome is pretty impressive. I've never seen a sprint car other than on TV. What is the long, cylindrical tube at the driver's side front of the engine, an oil reservoir?
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

18degrees

Quote from: Volzfan59 on July 02, 2024, 03:48:17 PMWow, everything looks great! That Testors chrome is pretty impressive. I've never seen a sprint car other than on TV. What is the long, cylindrical tube at the driver's side front of the engine, an oil reservoir?

Yup, an oil tank. The newest version of the kit has one as part of an updated parts tree. I hate to pirate pieces from full kits so i fabbed my own. This kit is an original Haud one from 1995ish and has a lot of outdated parts that i replace when i can.
-Dave

18degrees

some more progress, chassis is done. nerfs were modified from the kit ones to make it more accurate

had to add some tube and rod to the rear axle, the new wheels sat too close to the body because of the depth of the centers

wheels with decals, beadlocks and mud covers added, both from Dwight on Shapeways

had to make some front wing rear posts that would clear the resin hood... spuds are tube and supports are rod

yup, this build is taking a little engineering...

-Dave

Volzfan59

As always, your work is highly detailed and well executed.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Rattlecan Dan

Wow great effort and detailing going into this build. Gonna be a beauty.