News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

The Other Rapid Roman

Started by Rattlecan Dan, August 17, 2024, 04:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rattlecan Dan

Another Rome, NY native Jerry Cook also a Champion. Another MPC Ridge runner Pinto kit.
<
<
<
<
Hope you like. Thanks for viewing.

john2

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

Danh4

Beautiful!  Whose decals did you use?  I haven't yet found any that include the pinstriping on the roof.

Rattlecan Dan

Volzfan59

Your Jerry Cook modified looks great! Didn't Jerry go to work for NASCAR as the director of the modified series after he stopped driving?
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

Spooker

Steve, yes he did!  He is now NASCAR's "Competition Administrator", whatever that is.

Rattlecan, your mods are great!  Those MPC kits are sure great "raw material", aren't they?

racecar dave

Rattlecan Dan

Thanks for comments and compliments.

Wakefan77

Very nice and clean build! Well done.

Rattlecan Dan

TonyK

Another great looking model. That thing has got some hefty bumpers!

Rattlecan Dan

Think you might be right. I may have gone a little too heavy on the bumpers. Quite a few corrections I may do someday.

Spooker

They might be a little oversize, but then Cook was known for using the "chrome horn" so....

Rattlecan Dan

Lol. So, you're saying he might have been comfortable with a little bit oversized nudgers? Lol. I like that Ron White quip: " I didn't know how much bumper it was gonna take to move him outta the way, but I knew how much I was gonna use!