News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Danny Smith #4 sprint car

Started by 18degrees, August 31, 2024, 03:53:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

18degrees

she's finally done, glued the wing on tonight.  paint is Tamiya pure white, Testors flat red for the cage, various metallics sprinkled throughout.  nerf bars are from SWS Chassis, hood is resin from Mike's/Big Donkey. wheels are SWS and tires are Modelhaus.  seat is from Dwight on Shapeways with some self-adhesive padding added.  shocks are from Jaye.  decals are Circle Track via Print It.  pretty nice and easy to work with.  basic Saldana Revellogram kit with some changes to the body panels, some that i made from sheet plastic.

-Dave

Danh4

Beautiful!  Can I ask where the rock screen in front of the driver came from?  I need a few of those!

Volzfan59

WOW, that's a great looking sprinter. Well done
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

18degrees

Quote from: Danh4 on August 31, 2024, 05:45:24 AMBeautiful!  Can I ask where the rock screen in front of the driver came from?  I need a few of those!

Came from DirtModeler, who i am pretty (sadly) sure isn't in business any more. The website was dead the other day unless i navigated wrong. Which is too bad because he made some amazing stuff.
-Dave

john2

Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

racecar dave

The old man can still handle a car.

Danh4

Quote from: 18degrees on August 31, 2024, 09:33:24 AM
Quote from: Danh4 on August 31, 2024, 05:45:24 AMBeautiful!  Can I ask where the rock screen in front of the driver came from?  I need a few of those!

Came from DirtModeler, who i am pretty (sadly) sure isn't in business any more. The website was dead the other day unless i navigated wrong. Which is too bad because he made some amazing stuff.

Thanks for the lead, unfortunately it does look like his site is gone.

Rattlecan Dan

Really nice job! Great-looking Sprinter. That build would look nice on anybody's collection shelf.