News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Darel Dieringer 1966 Galaxie

Started by Danh4, September 07, 2024, 02:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danh4

I've been trying my hand at some earlier nascar stuff lately. This one started out as the AMT "Sweet Bippy" release with PPP decals, wheels and tires.  Paint is MCW lacquer "Springtime Yellow".  I also removed the chrome from the kit parts and sprayed them with Spaz Stix. I had a lot of trouble getting the body to fit on to the chassis, mostly because I raised the roll cage to fit as high in the body as I could but didn't take into account the thick windshield so getting things together at the end required some trimming here and there.

jh63fan

Looks great, did you use the kit frame under it or something else.

Danh4

Quote from: jh63fan on September 07, 2024, 02:08:45 PMLooks great, did you use the kit frame under it or something else.
It's got the kit frame, suspension, etc. under it which I know isn't accurate for a stock car.

racecar dave

jh63fan

Quote from: Danh4 on September 07, 2024, 02:11:57 PMIt's got the kit frame, suspension, etc. under it which I know isn't accurate for a stock car.
It's probably pretty close. They didn't start front halfing Fords until 1967.

MarkJ

Excellent build Dan. Yes, a lot of cutting and trimming usually occurs when putting these Nascar builds together. Especially when the kit is AMT.

Volzfan59

Beautiful build! You did a great job raising the roll cage. Like you, I don't like roll bars the don't go to the ceiling, kinda defeats their purpose. Thank you for posting this.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

TarheelRick

Good looking Galaxie. Wondering about the number "15 + 1". I know Dieringer's number was normally 16, but this is a different way of approaching it.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Vdc

This and your Chrysler, great looking builds.
And i really like this yellow paint colour.👍

catpack68

Looks great Dan! I remember having to do the same thing when I built one.

Rattlecan Dan

Another outstanding build. Really nice and authentic looking. Great job!