News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Tim Flock 1956 Chrysler 300B

Started by Danh4, September 07, 2024, 02:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danh4

I usually build old dirt modifieds and sprint cars with the occasional asphalt modified thrown in but I came across this Moebius kit on sale at our local Hobytown and bought it on a whim.  Glad I did because it is a great kit!  My first experience with Moebius but not my last. The biggest challenge was the window trim which was done with Bare Metal foil, first time I tried that. The other chrome parts were stripped and painted with AK Super Chrome.  I'm trying to decide if I like that or Spaz Stix for painting chrome, not sure yet.

TarheelRick

Really nice build, excellent work on the chrome trim especially as a first time with BMF.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

MarkJ

Another awesome build Dan. I agree with Rick above on your use of the bmf. You got it on smooth and nice. Mine usually has wrinkles in it.

catpack68

Rattlecan Dan

That's a really nice build. Great job with that BMF. Like the attention to detail.

Volzfan59

Great job! Gotta love those old Kiekhaefer cars.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653