News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Chrome wheels

Started by Volzfan59, September 08, 2024, 03:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volzfan59

Does anyone know what year NASCAR mandated the teams could no longer run chrome wheels?
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

jh63fan

According to a book I have about building Nascars, 1987 was the last year you could run them.

Volzfan59

Thank you jh63fan. I knew that it was in the 80's, just couldn't remember exactly when. If you don't mind me asking, what book are you using?
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

jh63fan

Back when Car Modeler magazine was out, they had some books also. This one was "Building and Detailing Scale Model Stock Cars". The date on the inside cover is 1998.

Volzfan59

jh63fan

Yes, has a red cover and some pictures of built models.

Volzfan59

Thank you jh63fan. I hate to even admit this, but I have that book. Got it about six months ago. Read a couple of articles on some things that I'm wanting to do. Never looked at the front of the book where the history stuff is. Lots of good information.

Thanks again for the heads up.
Steve