News:

Welcome to Short Track Models!

Main Menu

Grand Prix nose mod.

Started by Vdc, September 29, 2024, 12:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vdc

Hey all.

Some pics of this putty rework on the GP fender.

Before, on Randy's site, there was a mod using the Monte Carlo fender for a flat nose effect.
But why not try with some putty?
Milliput used here and plastic scraps glued on first for some grip.

And an easy job. Be sure to block sand vertically using the plastic fender itself as a guide.

It's painted here in an auto filler, ready for sanding and seam chasing.

jh63fan

Nice work there, what year did they start using this configuration? My building cuts off with cars from the late 90's.

Vdc

Am not sure myself.

To replicate Revell's Pro Finish body shell? 1999 perhaps.
Or that the kit was based on a prototype GP that changed for the actual race season.

I chose to do this just to have a level surface for the fender decal on the new Hotel Wheel sheet. Though I do hope it's long enough to fit still!

jh63fan

I intend to build the same car, that's why your modifications caught my attention. Sam said he has several pictures of that car on his face book page. Maybe they ran that car with different nose configurations depending on the type of track. Keep us updated.

MarkJ

Looks flawless to me, VDC. Great work on that nose.

Rattlecan Dan

Looks smooth as silk Bro. Nice work.

Volzfan59

That's some very nice body work, thanks for sharing it. I've got a couple of Grand Prix's in the model closet. I may give your mod a try.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653