Tarheel Rick

Started by john2, October 01, 2024, 07:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2

??? Rick, are you ok after the storm ?  I know you are not far from N. Wilkesboro. 

The have postponed the big modified race this weekend, and now the track is a drop off area for food and other supplies. 

Let us know. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

Was without power from Friday morning until yesterday. A huge tree fell across the road at the corner of my neighbor's and my property. It broke the power pole which in turn jerked the power cable loose from my house. Couldn't get an electrician until yesterday. However that was not the worst of the incident. The tree fell across a car driven by my neighbor, a good friend. The tree hit right across the door and roof of the car, he did not have a chance and I am going to say death was almost instantaneous. He was only 57 years old, had a wife, one daughter and a granddaughter. It was really a sobering day all around. Thanks for your concern.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

Rattlecan Dan

Some sad news. Glad you are OK.

Volzfan59

Glad that you're okay TarheelRick. I'll be praying for your neighbor and his family.
"Many men fish all of their lives without knowing it is not the fish that they are after." Henry David Thoreau

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" from the book The Compleat Angler. Izaak Walton 1653

john2

:( Glad you are ok, and sad for you and your neighbors.  Prayers all around. 
Look to the Lord and His strength -  Seek His face always.
Psalm 105:4

TarheelRick

Thanks guys. Visited with his wife yesterday, she is holding up fairly well.
When I win the Powerball I will switch to the real ones.

MarkJ

Rick, I'm so sad to hear about your neighbor. To think that a Hurricane from the Gulf could cause so much death and destruction in western North Carolina is just so hard to believe but so true. We have a good friend whose mom lives in Boone, but she has fared well in this other than losing her power. Take care.